The Western Digital Scholarship Program
The Western Digital Scholarship Program was established to help realize the potential of future scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians, as well as the dependents of our talented workforce. The global program is committed to awarding up to $1 million in scholarships to encourage and assist students whose educational opportunities will be expanded by financial assistance. Because when we uplift students to reach their goals, we all win.
The Western Digital Scholarship program will award up to 500, one-time scholarships per year. The maximum total award per recipient is $5,000 USD.
Western Digital Scholarships for STEM
Western Digital is committed to addressing access to STEM education for underrepresented and underprivileged students. Scholarships are currently awarded to deserving students in the following countries:
- United States
*Our current program in Israel is through a separate partnership with Silicon Valley Community Foundation and ATIDIM.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership in extracurricular and / or community activities, financial need, and the overall quality of the application.
- Undergraduate student enrolled on a full-time basis at a four-year accredited University located in the countries where scholarships are being offered
- Majoring in Computer Science (B.S. programs only), Engineering, Mathematics or Science (excluding agricultural sciences, health and other life sciences)
- Minimum grade average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Demonstrated financial need
- Traditionally under-represented populations in the STEM disciplines, including females and individuals of African-American or Latino descent in the United States
In addition to the Western Digital Scholarships for STEM, Western Digital is creating opportunities for our employee dependents to thrive through our We.care Scholarships.
This program has been established to support the educational pursuits of deserving dependents of Western Digital employees. In recognition of the breadth of talent represented by our employee base, this program is open to students of all majors. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership in extracurricular and / or community activities, the overall quality of the application and financial need.
- Legal dependent of a Western Digital Employee with an Employee Level of 109 or Below
- Undergraduate student enrolled on a full-time basis at a four year college / university in the United States, China, Japan, India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines or Thailand
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Financial need