|My Book Essential software update for Windows users|
WD SmartWare update highlights: Windows release 126.96.36.199 (updated 2/26/2015)
- Now works with My Cloud Business Series (DL4100 and DL2100) and My Cloud Expert Series (EX4100 and EX2100).
Update the WD SmartWare Software
NOTE: To update to this version of WD SmartWare, you need the following minimum requirements:
- Download the Windows WD SmartWare Software Updater to your hard drive.
- Locate and launch the WD SmartWare Software Updater.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- After the update completes, restart your computer to finalize the update process and launch the WD SmartWare software.
- Open WD SmartWare, click the Backup tab and verify Start Backup is active. Make backup selections (choose either Category or File Backup) and Click Start Backup to resume automatic continuous backup.
***Note: If you are running WD SmartWare version 1.1.x or 1.2.x, you are required to set up and enable a new backup plan once the WD SmartWare 2.0 upgrade installation has completed.***
|WD SmartWare Update|