| Updating the firmware on your My Book Live Drive through the device dashboard (Web UI)
The Update button on the System tab provides information about the current firmware version of your drive and allows you to perform a firmware update either automatically or manually. These instructions represent an automatic update. Click here for more details and screen shots. For more details, screen shots and information on manual updates, reference the user guide.
- From the main dashboard screen, click Settings.
- Under the System tab, click the Updates heading to expand the section.
- Click the Check for Update button.
- If a new firmware is available, an Update Firmware pop up will appear confirming a newer firmware.
- Click the Install & Reboot button and the new firmware will be automatically downloaded.
- Once the firmware has been downloaded, the upgrade process will begin followed by a reboot of the device. This process will take a few minutes.
WARNING! Do not interrupt a firmware upgrade in progress; doing so may cause the device to malfunction or render it unable to boot.
After your firmware has been updated, the device reboots. The user interface redirects to the System Information page after the update has completed.