Welcome to the WD Caviar product update page where you can find the latest updates, downloads, and information about your product, including quick setup instructions to get you going. WD drives with Advanced Format include special installation information on the drive label so be sure to read the label on your drive before installing it. WD is currently implementing Advanced Format technology on its WD Caviar Green line of products, beginning with the WD20EARS, WD15EARS, WD10EARS, WD7500AARS, WD6400AARS and WD5000AARS models.
WD hard drives are engineered with Data Lifeguard Tools, a combination of hardware and software that work together to provide you with the best performance and reliability you've come to expect from WD drives. The Data Lifeguard Tools software includes the Acronis True Image WD Edition (ATIWD) which will assist you with your hard drive installation and management; and the WD diagnostic tool which allows you to perform different diagnostic tests on your drive.
Note: Acronis True Image WD Edition only supports Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.Installing a WD hard drive takes just a few simple steps.
- Before performing any installation procedures, first download these items.
- Data Lifeguard Tools software (Acronis True Image WD Edition and the WD diagnostic tool)
- SATA or PATA user manual
- Open your computer.
- Mount the drive in a 3.5" device bay. If your computer comes with mounting rails, you will need to
install these first.
- Attach the SATA or PATA interface cable (not included).
- Secure the drive with the four screws provided.
- Attach the power supply cable.
- Close the computer and turn it on.
- Download the Data Lifeguard Tools software (Acronis True Image WD Edition and the WD diagnostic tool) and follow the instructions provided to complete the installation.
- For further information and instructions, download the SATA or PATA user manual.