We're pleased to offer the following updates for your WD TV Live Hub Media Center. Updating your media center is simple. Just follow the instructions below, grab your remote and enjoy the show!
What's in this update? Release 3.12.13 (7/23/2013)
How to Install the Product Update:
- Supports Creepster Channel
- Supports euronews
- Supports MLB.TV closed captioning
- Resolved AccuWeather weekend forecast not displaying the full weekend
- Resolved CinemaNow video download issue
- Resolved Deezer reboot issue and music not playing in France, Germany, and the U.K.
- Resolved MLB.TV reboot issue when exiting the game during the game's loading screen
- Resolved MLB.TV time bar still active when game has been Completed/Is over
- Resolved MLB.TV rebooting device when pressing BACK in archived game
- Resolved MLB.TV archived games not starting from the beginning
- Resolved video component output setting reverting to HDMI or composite
- Resolved blank screen issue after stopping long term playback from USB hard drive
- Resolved various UI translation issues
- Resolved issue with Windows PlayTo not playing MP4, 3GP and AACADTS files
To update the firmware via a USB device
Firmware is an important set of instructions that tells your WD TV Live Hub Media Center how to operate and what the interactive screens look like, as well as ensures accurate functionality. Upgrading the firmware is important because WD continues to develop newer, faster, and more efficient tools that enhance your WD TV Live Hub Media Center's capabilities and promotes ease of use.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the WD TV Live Hub Media Center's AC power adapter remains connected during the firmware update. A power disruption during the update process can corrupt the system firmware. Also, make sure that you do not unplug the USB storage device.
Important product update notes:
- Download the latest firmware update compressed file for your WD TV Live Hub Media Center.
- Extract the five files (.BIN, .VER, .FFF, .BI2 and .INFO files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Hub Media Center's USB port.
- Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
- Select the firmware upgrade icon, and press ENTER.
- You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
- Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.
- After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
- Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live Hub Media Center will restart again.
- Once the WD TV Live Hub Media Center restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded.
Make sure the only USB drive connected to the WD TV Live Hub Media Center contains the product update files. To update the firmware via the online update tool:
Once firmware is available through the online update tool, you will be automatically prompted to update. Simply click "Okay," and the update will be downloaded and applied. Alternatively, users may manually check for an online update at any time by going to the "Check for updates" section within the device settings menu, while the device is connected to the Internet.