|This update is for the newest generation of the WD TV HD Media Player (model:WDBABF0000NBK).
Click here to go to the WD TV HD Media Player (Generation 1, model:WDAVN00) update page.
We've received tremendous feedback on WD TV and some great suggestions to improve the product even more. In response to your requests, we're pleased to offer the following product updates. Updating your media player is simple. Just follow the instructions below, grab your remote and enjoy the show!What's in this update? Release 1.01.77 (12/3/09)
(includes all previously released updates)
Release 1.01.75 (11/18/09)
- This critical update improves the reliability and performance of the WD TV product update manager. It's important to install this update to ensure the reliability of all future software and firmware updates.
GPL Source Code
- Added cover art display function when viewing music files in album view.
- Added user selectable on/off for fade in and fade out effect while browsing files.
- Resolved issue of no audio when there is only a single, center channel audio stream in a video.
How to install the product update:
- Portions of the WD TV software are also available in source code. For more information, click here.
- Extract the three files (.BIN, .VER, and .FFF files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
- Turn the WD TV on and connect your USB drive.
- Use the remote control to select SETTINGS from the home screen.
- Highlight the firmware upgrade icon, and press ENTER on the remote.
- You will be prompted to perform the firmware upgrade. Select OK and press ENTER. This will restart the system.
- After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
- Once the update process is completed, the HD media player will restart again.