Product update for My Net Wi-Fi Range ExtenderWhat's new!
Firmware Release 1.02.01 (10/11/2012)
Updating the firmware on your My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender
- FasTrack performance updates
- Upstream data rate detection updates
- Fix – registration bug where language could be set incorrectly
- Parental controls – timed access can be enabled independent of time/date
- Parental controls – full time settings are accessible
- DLNA server updates
- Translation fixes
- Web UI fixes
Manual update instructions
These instructions represent a manual update.
IMPORTANT: Do not interrupt the firmware upgrade process. Doing so may cause the device to malfunction or unable to boot. If you are using the manual update method, do not rename the firmware file. Doing so will cause the manual update to fail and can corrupt the system.
- Download the firmware to your desktop
- Unzip the file and save it to your desktop.
- Open a web browser and type in http://wdrangeextender or http://wdrangeextender.local (Mac) to get to the login screen of your extender.
- Enter your username and password and click the Login button at the main login screen if you have secured your device previously with a password. The default username is admin, and the default password is password.
- From the main dashboard screen, click Advanced Settings.
- Click Admin, under the Firmware Update tab.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Browse to the location where you saved the firmware file and select it.
- Click Upload button and then click the Ok button to proceed with the firmware update. Once the process is complete, the device will reboot. This process will take a few minutes.