Product update for My Net N750What's new!
Firmware Release 1.04.16 (12/20/2012)
Updating the firmware on your My Net N750 Router
- This firmware version includes support for Windows 8.
- Applied UPnP port map table to the user interface to show UPnP device mappings.
- Added a pop-up detailed message about changing from Router mode to AP mode.
- Applied fix for invalid hostname error message.
- Added explanation for registering device.
- Edited text message for safe removal of attached storage drive.
- Resolved various translation issues in supported languages.
- Resolved issue of thumbnails for photos not being displayed through media player devices.
- Resolved files not showing up in iTunes.
- Resolved QoS uplink speed auto detection issue.
- Resolved issue of text overrun on various user interface pages.
- Resolved issues with accessing/streaming content through the router DLNA server.
- Edited DMZ description for more accuracy.
- Applied fix to the 24-hour format in the Date and Time configuration section.
- Fixed DST format to fit U.S. standard.
- Resolved printer detection issue when removing the USB cable without using the safely remove option.
- Resolved issue under ‘Add a Device’ section to reflect the countdown in real time.
- Applied fix for WebUI Syslog showing user login time.
- Updated UPnP/DLNA router icons to match Rally driver icons.
- Applied fix for registration fields that retained information when screen is refreshed.
- Applied fix for media player and Windows Media player that showed the same cover art icons.
- Specified admin password length within the user interface (15 characters maximum).
- Applied page correction after canceling a password change.
- Resolved issue of WEP security with 128bit encryption feature.
- Resolved WiFi wizard to allow WPS enabling.
- Resolved Windows 7 backup/restore function using external hard drive.
- Resolved registration so that invalid email address will have an error message.
- Resolved Xbox to displays media file from router-attached USB drive.
- Resolved media devices being intermittently unable to discover the router media server.
- Edited DNS Relay to DNS Proxy.
- Resolved wireless password display on the dashboard.
Manual update instructions
These instructions represent a manual update.
IMPORTANT: Do not interrupt the firmware upgrade process. Doing so may cause the device to malfunction or unable to boot.If you are using the manual update method, do not rename the firmware file. Doing so will cause the manual update to fail and can corrupt the system.
- Download the firmware to your desktop
- Unzip the file and save it to your desktop.
- Open a web browser and type in 192.168.1.1 or //wdrouter to get to the login screen of your router.
- Enter your password and click the Login button at the main login screen if you have secured your device previously with a password.
- From the main dashboard screen, click Advanced Settings.
- Click Admin, under the Firmware Update tab.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Browse to the location where you saved the firmware file and select it.
- Click Upload button and then click the Ok button to proceed with the firmware update. Once the process is complete, the device will reboot. This process will take a few minutes.