Product update for My Net AC1300What's new!
Firmware Release 1.03.09 (2/28/2013)
Updating the firmware on your My Net AC1300 Router
- Restored USB share performance to 1.01.06 rates
- Resolved parental control stability issues
- Resolved parental control time blocking policy issues
- Removed guest network notifications in AP mode
- Allows changing the workgroup name for USB shares
- Resolved file date/time issues on USB shares
- System log uses the correct time
- Allows disabling SPI firewalls
- Allows enabling/disabling WAN ping responses
- Sharing services will not start if there is not a USB drive attached
- Modified auto-channel selection behavior at factory defaults
- DLNA server updates
- Translation fixes
- Web UI fixes
Manual update instructions
These instructions represent a manual update.
IMPORTANT: Do not interrupt the firmware upgrade process. Doing so may cause the device to malfunction or unable to boot. If you are using the manual update method, do not rename the firmware file. Doing so will cause the manual update to fail and can corrupt the system.
- Download the firmware to your desktop
- Unzip the file and save it to your desktop.
- Open a web browser and type in http://wdrouter or http://wdrouter.local (Mac) or http://192.168.1.1 to get to the login screen of your router.
- Enter your username and password and click the Login button at the main login screen if you have secured your device previously with a password. The default username is admin, and the default password is password.
- From the main dashboard screen, click Advanced Settings.
- Click Admin, under the Firmware Update tab.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Browse to the location where you saved the firmware file and select it.
- Click Upload button and then click the Ok button to proceed with the firmware update. Once the process is complete, the device will reboot. This process will take a few minutes.