Product update for My Cloud EX4
Updating from firmware 1.02.xx:
Make sure you stop all processes and save all your data before performing the firmware update.
- This firmware update requires the user to unplug the power supply, wait for 5 seconds to re-plug, and power up My Cloud EX4.
- Effective with this firmware update, the Network File System (NFS) feature will not be available or supported.
Firmware Release 1.04.04 (7/23/2014)
Updating the firmware on your WD My Cloud EX4
- Supports 5TB and 6TB hard drive.
- Updated Diagnostics section under the “Home” tab which has a provision to display the Disk Drive temperature.
- Updated the “Remember Me” feature to retain the user’s credentials.
- Resolved DLNA Media Serving to be disabled by default. Changes will occur if device is reset to factory state.
- Resolved the issue when device is in JBOD and using the DNLA Media Server “Rebuild” button may crash the media server.
- Resolved issue preventing user from changing the file name in the public shares.
- Resolve issue of unable to reboot the device while a USB is plugged in.
- Supports transfer progress percentage when downloading file using HTTP Downloads function.
- Resolved persistence of file extension when renaming a downloaded file using HTTP Downloads function.
- Resolved issues using HTTP Downloading with server require user’s credentials.
- Resolved domain join issue to Windows Server 2012 Active Directory requiring Realm (Domain) name instead of Workgroup name.
- Resolved issue causing Adware applications to crash the Dashboard.
- Resolved issues preventing multiple files download using Web File Viewer.
- Resolved issue relating to session timeout while using Web File Viewer.
Manual update instructions
These instructions represent a manual update.
IMPORTANT: Do not interrupt the firmware upgrade process. Doing so may cause the device to malfunction or unable to boot. If you are using the manual update method, do not rename the firmware file. Doing so will cause the manual update to fail and can corrupt the system.
- Download the firmware to your desktop.
- Unzip the file and you will find the actual firmware in this format: My_Cloud_LT4A_1.02.xx.bin
- Save this to your desktop.
- Open the WD My Cloud EX4 Dashboard UI.
- Go to Settings >> Firmware Update.
- Under the section Manual Update, click the Update From File button and a window will open.
- Browse to where you saved the My_Cloud_LT4A_1.02.xx.bin file and select it.
- You will see a pop up confirming to upgrade your firmware, click Ok.