Product update for My Cloud EX4
Updating from firmware 1.02.xx:
Make sure you stop all processes and save all your data before performing the firmware update.
- This firmware update requires the user to unplug the power supply, wait for 5 seconds to re-plug, and power up My Cloud EX4.
- Effective with this firmware update, the Network File System (NFS) feature will not be available or supported.
Firmware Release 1.04.05 (8/18/2014)
Updating the firmware on your WD My Cloud EX4
- Resolved issue of data transfer interruption when copying files between the unit and an attached USB drive.
- Resolved issue of .smi subtitle files are not displayed when streaming videos to LG® Smart TVs.
Manual update instructions
These instructions represent a manual update.
IMPORTANT: Do not interrupt the firmware upgrade process. Doing so may cause the device to malfunction or unable to boot. If you are using the manual update method, do not rename the firmware file. Doing so will cause the manual update to fail and can corrupt the system.
- Download the firmware to your desktop.
- Unzip the file and you will find the actual firmware in this format: My_Cloud_LT4A_1.04.xx.bin
- Save this to your desktop.
- Open the WD My Cloud EX4 Dashboard UI.
- Go to Settings >> Firmware Update.
- Under the section Manual Update, click the Update From File button and a window will open.
- Browse to where you saved the My_Cloud_LT4A_1.04.xx.bin file and select it.
- You will see a pop up confirming to upgrade your firmware, click Ok.