Product update for My Book Live
Before updating to the latest firmware, it is recommended that you’ve installed the latest updates and service pack on your computer.
Firmware Version 02.43.09 - 038 (1/27/2015)
- For Windows®, go to the Start menu and select Windows Update
- For Mac®, go to the Apple® menu and select Software Update
- If your device is currently running firmware version 02.10.12-129 or earlier, please update to
02.11.09-053 first. From there, you will be able to update to the current available 02.43.09-038.
Updating the firmware on your My Book Live Drive
- Resolved remote connection through www.wd2go.com web portal is blocked when updating to Java 7 Update 51
- Resolved remote connection through www.wd2go.com web portal is redirecting to Oracle website
- Resolved issue of Shellshock (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-6277, CVE-2014-6278, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187) bash security vulnerability
- Resolved issue of instability with remote access connections
Click here for instructions on updating firmware through the device dashboard (Web UI). WD SmartWare Windows
It's more powerful - You can now back up your important files to your new My Book Live home network drive. WD SmartWare 2.0 will allow you to automatically back up your important files to your My Passport or My Book external hard drive or your new My Book Live home network drive.
Click here for more information. Setting up Time Machine support
Apple Time Machine is a built-in feature on Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion computers that can back up everything on your computer: music, photos, documents, applications, e-mails, and system files. The My Book Live drive can store these backups, so that if your hard drive or operating system should crash, or you lose a file, you can easily restore it to your computer.
Click here for more information.