We're pleased to offer the following updates for your WD TV Live Streaming media player. Updating your media player is simple. Just follow the instructions below, grab your remote and enjoy the show!
What's in this update? Release 2.02.32 (8/11/2014)
How to Install the Product Update:
- Supports Miracast. For list of compatible device, visit products.wd.com/miracast
- Supports BBC iPlayer, BBC News and BBC Sport (UK only)
- Supports GRID UI user interface theme
- Supports add shortcut to home page (Grid theme only)
- Supports auto play app
- Supports Downloads (HTTP, FTP, P2P, NZB)
- Supports apps on USB storage. To learn more, visit http://www.wdc.com/wdtvsdk/
- Supports search feature at the Grid UI home screen from the WD IR remote
- Supports Flixster & Rotten Tomato ratings in the video browser UI
- Supports new services: AnyClip, BBC iPlayer (updated), BBC News, BBC Sport, Bric-A-Bloc, Café Noir, Cartoon Keepsakes, Cultorama, Dorado Films, Film Movement, Horoscopes by Kelli Fox - Astrologer Daily, HOTLIST, Howdini, Kino Lorber, Metatube, English, Metatube Espanol, Midnight Pulp, Myx TV, NetFit Free, Olena TV, PRO Classic TV, Saddle Up!, Westerns, The Bold and The Beautiful, The Director's Chair, The Man Channel, The New Content (TNC), Threshold +, uInterview, Viaway
- Updated WD TV End-User License Agreement (EULA)
- Resolved resume point for movies after power cycling WD TV
- Resolved no sound for DVD ISO files when DVD Menu is set to off
- Resolved SOMA.FM stations not playing in Tunein app service
Installing the new firmware on your WD TV Live is simple. Just connect your WD TV Live to an Internet connection and the WD TV Live will automatically check and notify you a new firmware is available for update at the Home menu. Confirm the action and your WD TV Live will be automatically updated.
If Internet connection is not available, you can download the firmware file and follow the steps below to update:
- Download the latest firmware update compressed file for your WD TV Live HD media player.
- Extract the four files (.bi2, .bin, .ver, .fff, and .info files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Media Player's USB port.
- Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
- Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER.
- You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade.
- Select OK on the firmware update prompt, and then press ENTER. This will restart the system.
- After restarting, the system automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.
- Once the update process is completed, the WD TV Live HD Media Player will restart again.
- Once the HD WD TV Live Media Player restarts, the new firmware is automatically loaded and the WD TV Live HD Media Player is ready for use.