Connecting the Drive and Getting Started
Follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect the My Passport Enterprise drive to your Windows® 8 Enterprise computer as shown in the figure below.
- Verify that the drive appears under My Computer in Windows Explorer.
- Open the drive listing in Windows Explorer and copy the WDCompass.exe file to the desktop of your computer:
- Double-click the WDCompass icon on your desktop to open a Command window and verify that at least one successful modification is indicated:
- Press any key to close the Command window.
Your My Passport Enterprise drive is now ready to host a Microsoft® Windows To Go workspace. For information about provisioning a Windows To Go workspace on your drive, see:
Connecting the My Passport Enterprise drive